which earn me advertising fees or commissions.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Blazing fast, up to 16TB.
Photoshop CS5 Optimization Conclusions
Findings so far:
- Configuration is absolutely critical to performance, with Adobe recommended defaults for Cache Tile Size gutting performance by 80%! See the Cache Tile Size page.
- Leave Photoshop running so that it doesn’t have to allocate memory again. See the Warm-up page.
- Memory is more important than ever for large files.
Beware new releases
Was this release rushed out the door to meet a revenue deadline? Here are just some of the obvious problems that severely impair usability; I’ve found other bugs also.
- The painfully obvious memory allocation “warmup” problem is a bad sign (I found this problem literally in the first minute of use!);
- The default cache tile size results in a severe performance impairment.
- Adobe’s plugins for controlling caching, virtual memory, etc were not available at release;
- Third-party plugins linger as 32-bit versions. Such plugins are critical to many workflows, did Adobe not have an aggressive developer program in place? Why does the 32-bit CS5 limit memory to 2100MB, thus crippling the only workaround for 32-bit plugins?
- Scrolling with the center button on my Apple mouse is now unusable (scrolls a few pixels at a time). As I do this constantly, this ruins the entire experience for me.
MN9H2LL/A (USA/Global Unlocked)Used, Mint Condition, Factory Unlocked
The MPG Pro Workstation and MPG Pro Laptop
8-bay Thunderbolt 3
2.5 or 3.5 inch hard drives, NVMe SSD, USB-C, USB-A, DisplayPort 1.4, SD slot, PCIe slot, 500W power supply.
Non-RAID or RAID-0/1/4/5/10.
Capacities up to 128 Terabytes!
Ultra-high performance across entire capacity, outperforms the competition.
Tiny, bus-powered, rugged, compact!