re: IntegrityChecker Java
re: Validating Data Transfer/Copy Before Deleting the Source/Original Data: diglloydTools IntegrityChecker
re: Detecting Corruption / Validating Data Integrity Over Time and Across Drives and Backup/Restore
re: Reader Question on diglloydTools IntegrityChecker: “verify terabytes of content back and forth between the cloud and other local RAID drives I have”
re: Apple Core Rot: macOS Finder File Copying: Fails to Replace "dot files" When Replacing a folder = DATA LOSS
re: Detecting Data Corruption Caused by Bit Rot or Bad Drives or Software Bugs with diglloydTools IntegrityChecker
What is it?
The only high performance automated solution spanning all computing platforms. It works on hard drives, SSDs, network drives, CDs and DVDs, etc.
Futhermore, so long as Java remains available, you should be able to check data integrity on your files today or next year or in the year 2035 without so much as a software update.
IntegrityChecker Java (icj) version 2.0.3b25
IntegrityChecker Java version 2.0.3b29 is now available for download. This release is a minor update but with many small fixes, improvements.
IntegrityChecker Java is bundled with diglloydTools. There is no separate purchase option.
If you need support, please copy/paste the text from the Terminal window—don’t send screen shots as they are very large and frequently contain too little information.
See the included READ_ME file for installation instructions.
- 2022-04-29 Added various warning flags to icj_prefs controlling which things are flagged:
- 2022-04-28 'clean' command now always removes .icj_temp files, which accrue if icj is killed while writing hierarchy files.
- 2022-04-28 Added .icj_temp files to ignore list
- 2022-04-27 fixed thread-waste issue where each hierarchy file was retaining its ThreadPoolExecutor after parsing. Executor is now freed after parsing, avoiding limits on thread count and reducing memory usage.
- 2022-04-27 fixed race condition whereby .icjh files at a higher level could be written sooner than ones at a lower level, leading to erroneous albeit harmless authoritative hierarchy file locating. Fixed by setting all hierarchy files written as a group to all share the same lastModified file date.
- 2022-04-27 improved messaging when there are no hierarchy files in top level folder but there is one in an ancestor folder.
- 2022-04-25 installer overwrites icj_prefs.txt, but saves the prior version. Installer does not overwrite icj_prefs_customized.txt.
- 2022-04-25 Unified the MATCHED/RENAMED code. Also enhanced for multiple matches.
- 2022-04-25 icj_prefs.txt always look for icj_prefs_customized.txt, loading it if present.
- 2022-04-24 Added FLAG_DEAD_SYMLINKS flag for dead symlinks in icj script. Not yet available as preference.
- 2022-04-24 Miscellaneous output added to verbose mode (--output=verbose)
- 2022-04-24 Fixed a sporadic (as in never seen before!) race condition while reading hierarchy files that could sporadically result in a java.util.ConcurrentModificationException.
- 2022-04-24 Warn of file names that have cross-platform compatibility issues; Edit the NOTE_FILENAME_COMPATIBILITY flag in icj/icj.bat to toggle behavior. Not yet available as a preference.
- 2022-04-24 Detect and flag and continue with illegal filenames on Windows that might be present in macOS systems.
- 2022-04-23 Fixed a few output cases to use the correct name separator for the platform eg "/" vs "\"
- 2022-04-23 All the MATCHES for missing files are now shown, not just the first one.
- 2022-04-23 Missing/renamed file output is improved for clarity.
- 2022-04-22 improved the missing files support: (1) missing files that are found are separated from those that cannot be found, (2) the summary number reflects found files, (3) the user manual discusses how the update command gives the best information on missing/renamed files. https://diglloydtools.com/manual/IntegrityCheckerJava-update.html
- 2022-04-22 Added --save option for update command. If not specified, saving is done as it always has been. But sometimes it is desirable to examine files moved or renamed before saving changes. The verify and status command are read only, but those commands cannot deduce as much because they operated only on files already having hashes, which moved/renamed files might not yet have.
icj update --save=prompt ...
icj update --save=no ...
icj update --save=yes ...
- 2022-04-22 "#include" directive in icj_prefs.txt changed to "@include" to avoid confusion with comment lines. Users making use of it should change the "#" to "@".
- 2022-04-22 Fixed bug whereby empty file count would include missing files.
- 2022-04-22 Java installer uses openjdk-18.