For my photography needs, both of these SSDs are awesome—the 4TB capacity is a problem-solver for me on extended trips when the skimpy internal 2TB SSD in the 2019 iMac 5K overflows. And the performance is ample for even my most demanding work, particularly with the Thunderbolt 3 model.
The silent and bus-powered operation make both of these units the ultimate in convenience, especially for laptop users. And if you bought a Mac or PC with too-small an SSD, both of these units preserve that investment with no fuss.
- OWC Envoy Pro EX SSD: Overview
- OWC Envoy Pro EX SSD: Speed Across Capacity
- OWC Envoy Pro EX SSD: Speed vs Transfer Size
- OWC Envoy Pro EX SSD: vs OWC Thunderblade
- OWC Envoy Pro EX SSD: Conclusions and Recommendations