As of Jan 12 2018, SoftRAID has been updated to version 5.6.4 to fix issues with macOS 10.13 High Sierra. It does not fix the install-reboot issue with the iMac Pro, but that is being worked on.
There is still a problem with the automatic update download feature; if this occurs download directly if it fails.
SoftRAID 5.6.4 includes important bug fixes and changes that allow SoftRAID to be compatible with macOS 10.13 High Sierra.
High Sierra involves a completely new file system (APFS) as well as major changes to the kernel, security and third-party software requirements, and the SoftRAID team has worked hard to ensure that SoftRAID will work flawlessly with High Sierra, although it does not yet support APFS.
This means that currently, SoftRAID does not support creating, modifying or converting APFS volumes. However, SoftRAID’s certify, verify and monitoring features will work with APFS formatted disks. Full support for APFS will be included with SoftRAID version 6. See below for a full list of bugs fixed in SoftRAID 5.6.4.
Major Features introduced since SoftRAID 5.0:
- SoftRAID Easy Setup application (SoftRAID 5.6). Creating RAID volumes is now quick and easy, for beginners or those with less technical expertise.
- Support for SMART reporting on USB and FireWire disks (SoftRAID 5.6). With SMART over USB, SoftRAID now supports health monitoring and failure prediction for USB and FireWire connected disks.
- Addition of simplified Chinese localization (SoftRAID 5.6) brings to 5 the number of languages supported by SoftRAID. Support for French, German and Spanish came in SoftRAID 5.5 and Japanese was added in SoftRAID 5.5.5.
- Man page for SoftRAIDTool (command line tool) added in SoftRAID 5.5.5 • Ability to convert stripe (RAID 0) volumes to RAID 1+0, and some RAID 0 volumes to RAID 4 (SoftRAID 5.5).
- Additional information shown for disks which are predicted to fail, making disk problems easier to investigate (SoftRAID 5.0.6).
- Support for RAID 4, 5 and 1+0 volumes. Macs can use any SoftRAID volume as a startup volume (SoftRAID 5.0). •
- Convert AppleRAID stripe (RAID 0) and mirror (RAID 1) volumes to SoftRAID (SoftRAID 5.0).
- SoftRAID status indicator added to menu bar (SoftRAID 5.0).
- Huge improvements to speed and performance throughout most releases.