Deals on Apple Macs
- Dell UltraSharp 32 Ultra HD 8K Display is Shipping, Dec 2017 iMac Pro Already Behind the Curve
- Assessing the Dec 2017 Apple iMac Pro
- Apple’s Memory Prices Insanely High As Usual: Save a Bundle by Ordering 8GB Config in Mid-2017 iMac 5K
With Apple having upgraded its MacBook, MacBook Pro, iMac and iPad lineup, all of the existing models are available with with nice discounts. Recommended configurations for photographers:
- 2017 iMac 5K with 8GB memory (add 64GB from OWC), 1TB or 2TB SSD
- 2017 MacBook Pro 16GB. The maxed-out top-end MacBook Pro is very nice, but this is the MacBook Pro I’d go for. 1TB SSD strongly recommended, 2TB better, 512GB might be OK for some, AVOID 256GB and DO NOT get only 8GB memory, 16GB models only.
Not sure what will work best for your own needs? I offer consulting.
Don’t forget AppleCare—important for an all-in-one laptop with everything soldered on. Ditto for Applecare for iMac 5K.
The iMac Pro is not due out until December, but its sky-high price and 6 month lead time make it a non-solution for most of us.
Deals and links:
- Deals on 2016 MacBook Pro and MacBook
- Deals on late 2015 iMac 5K and desktop Macs
- New 2017 MacBook Pro
- New 2017 MacBook
- New 2017 iMac 5K (and save about $820 on 64GB memory)
- New 2017 iMac 4K (caution: no memory slots, order with enough memory)