- diglloydTools has long employed kibibytes/mebibytes/gibibytes, etc but displayed the units ambiguously as "KB", "MB", "GB", "TB", etc. Units are now display unambiguously as "KiB", "MiB", "GiB", "TiB". KiB = 1024, MiB = 1024^2, GiB = 1024^3, TiB = 1024^4.
- Certain commands now emit partial results when stopped before completion. This allows starting a command and canceling it and still getting a useful summary.
Some of the capabilities in diglloydTools
Aside from testing hard drive or SSD or RAID performance and reliability with DiskTester, data integrity with IntegrityChecker is a must-have workflow tool for anyone with important data:
- Detecting Corruption / Validating Data Integrity Over Time and Across Drives and Backup/Restore
- What an Impaired SSD Looks Like
- How to Safely Transfer Data or Verify Backups
- Example of Verifying Data Integrity.
- Are Your Backup Drives Still Functional? Are Your Files Subtly Damaged?
- How to Automate DiskUtility Verification of Mounted Volumes.
- Selling that Computer? Wipe Out Personal Files First
- Search for diglloydTools articles.