OWC has the TRIPP LITE USB3 hub ON SPECIAL for only $52.90.
I (Lloyd) just installed a second TRIPP LITE USB3 hub on my Mac Pro. I had my fill of unplugging stuff to plug in other stuff, so now two hubs are attached. They just sit there and work with never an issue (for well over a year now).
Count up the stuff that needs USB3 juice, 14 items:
- Two iphones and an iPad, simultaneously. +3
- SRM Power Control 7. +1
- Dual-slot card reader. +3
- High speed SDXC card reader: +1
- Two USB3 SSDs. +2
- NEC calibrator for PA302W wide gamut display. +1
- Keyboard +1
- Two spare ports for additional drives, camera USB3 cable, etc +2
- Printer (not me but some people).
The TRIPP LITE USB3 hub is fanless, so it’s silent. I don’t want a 16-port USB hub with a fan for charging iPads, as nice as it looks.
By the way, here’s a cool product for plugging up to 16 gadgets @AMAZON.