SoftRAID 5.0.6 has been released.
- Support for RAID 4, 5 and 1+0 volumes. Macs can use any SoftRAID volume as a startup volume.
- Complete support for high resolution displays.
- Improved volume validation which will optionally fix parity or mirror data during the validation operation.
- Improved error reporting.
- Improved the predicted disk failure feature to provide more detailed information about how a disk is failing.
- Up to 30% improvement in read/write performance for mirror volumes.
- Numerous bug fixes in the SoftRAID application.
- A SoftRAID status indicator which is always displayed in the menu bar.
- Full support for the new kernel security features introduced in Mavericks (Mac OS X 10.9).
There was a data corruption bug which was inadvertently introduced in SoftRAID version 5.0.5. This bug caused data corruption in RAID 4 and 5 volumes when a user replaced a failing disk with a new disk. This same bug could cause the data on mirror (RAID 1) and RAID 1+0 secondary disks to be incorrect.
If you have been using SoftRAID 5.0.5, you should upgrade to version 5.0.6 immediately and validate all of your SoftRAID volumes to ensure that all redundant volume data and parity information is correct.
We strongly recommend that you upgrade to SoftRAID version 5.0.6 or later which fixes this bug.