As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases @AMAZON
Overview of 2015 Apple MacBook Pro Retina
Authorized Apple dealer B&H Photo loaned MPG the Apple 15.4" MacBook Pro Retina (Mid 2015), 2.8GHz / Radeon R9 M370X / 16GB / 1TB, the configuration MPG recommends for power users, photographers, videographers, etc. Save money on AppleCare too.
MPG tested the top-end Apple 2015 MacBook Pro Retina:
- 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 (Crystalwell)
- 16GB of Onboard 1600 MHz DDR3L RAM
- 1TB PCIe-Based Flash Storage
- AMD Radeon R9 M370X Graphics (2GB GDDR5) [NOTE: this is *required* to support a 5K display, so avoid the lower-end model]
- 15.4" LED-Backlit IPS Retina Display
- 2880 x 1800 Native Resolution
- 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0
- Thunderbolt 2, USB 3.0, HDMI
- Force Touch Trackpad
- Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite
The 2015 MacBook Pro Retina is an evolution of previous models. The two key new features are the ultra-fast SSD utilizing SATA Express, a faster GPU capable of driving a 5K display (in the top-spec model, see above), and the Force Touch trackpad.