BACKUP AND DATA SAFETY
Protecting your data from drive failures, theft, fire, flood, and dinosaurs.
How to utilize cloning for backup and other chores.
How to erase and partition drives.
Larger drives are faster.
How to use Apple Time Machine for Data Safety
- Using Time Machine for Data Safety
- Configuring Time Machine
- Choosing a Time Machine Backup Drive
- Time Machine BUG: Silent Exclusion of Volumes
- Restoring Files with Time Machine
- Best Practices with Time Machine
- Optimizing Time Machine
- Time Machine and Backup Tips
- Starting a Time Machine Backup When Desired
- Excluding Items from Time Machine Backup
- Using Time Machine with Adobe Lightroom
Various types of RAID setups.
- About RAID
- Understanding Fault Tolerance
- RAID Fault Tolerance : Keep a Cold Spare
- Speed: RAID-5 vs RAID-0
- Speed: RAID 1 Mirroring
- RAID 1 Mirroring
- How to Create a Software RAID-01
- RAID 0 Striping
- How to Create a Software RAID-0
- RAID 1+0: Striped Mirrors
- RAID-4 / RAID-5 and RAID 6 for Performance and Reliability
- Step-by-step to setting up RAID on Mac OS X
- SoftRAID is easier RAID