I hadn’t really understood the utility of the OWC U.2 Shuttle till now.
WORLD’S FIRST U.2 CARRIER SHUTTLE FOR UP TO FOUR NVME M.2 SSDS IN A 3.5-INCH DRIVE SIZE
- Configurable: choose from preconfigured solutions or add your own NVMe M.2 2280 SSDs
- RAID ready: RAID 0, 1, 4, 5, or 10 for speed, protection, or the best of both attributes
- Compatible: use with OWC Helios 3S, ThunderBay Flex 8, as well as in a computer with U.2 support and an available 3.5-inch drive bay
- Easy Swaps: move between OWC U.2 devices as well as PCs, enclosures, and servers
- Ideal for media workflows: dramatically lowers production to lab shipping costs vs shipping larger, heavier drives
- Secure: key lock for data security compliance
- 1 Year OWC Limited Warranty
Performance note: the U.2 Shuttle shuttle has the capability to give full bandwidth to even a single SSD blade, according to OWC.