re: Validating Data Transfer/Copy Before Deleting the Source/Original Data: diglloydTools IntegrityChecker
re: Detecting Corruption / Validating Data Integrity Over Time and Across Drives and Backup/Restore
re: Reader Question on diglloydTools IntegrityChecker: “verify terabytes of content back and forth between the cloud and other local RAID drives I have”
re: Apple Core Rot: macOS Finder File Copying: Fails to Replace "dot files" When Replacing a folder = DATA LOSS
re: Detecting Data Corruption Caused by Bit Rot or Bad Drives or Software Bugs with diglloydTools IntegrityChecker
IntegrityChecker Java (icj) version 2.0.0
This release formalizes version 2.0 from the prior 2.0 fc4 release. A few bug fixes and improvements:
- 2021-03-06 fixed bug whereby a change in case for a folder name on a case-insensitive file system would add a duplicate entry and see the folder as missing
- 2021-03-06 improved help to show available options, added white space.
- 2020-10-01 minor changes to installer to work on Linux
- 2020-10-01 minor changes in detecting operating system specific behavior for Linux ("id -urgg")
- 2020-10-01 minor change to address internal redundant folder scanning warning
If you need support, please copy/paste the text from the Terminal window—don’t send screen shots as they are very large and frequently contain too little information.
Installing on macOS — security permissions
After Java is installed, Java must ALSO be given full disk access. The 'java' binary application will be found here after installation: