The about $119 OWC Thunderbolt 3 Mini Dock could be super handy for laptop users looking for core connectivity since all recent models have no ethernet or USB-A ports.
- Connect two 4K displays via two HDMI 2.0 ports
- HDCP 2.2 compatible for effortless streaming of 4K UHD content
- Supports HDMI precision multi-channel audio (LCPM, DTS, and Dolby Digital)
- One Gigabit Ethernet port with PXE Boot and Wake-on-LAN support
- Connect a portable drive, flash drive, or card reader via one USB 3 5Gb/s port1
- Charge small mobile devices and most smartphones via USB 3 port2
- Connect a keyboard or mouse via USB 2 port
- Bus-powered and portable
- Integrated 7.2-inch Thunderbolt 3 cable
- Thunderbolt certified for macOS and Windows machines
If Ethernet is not needed and one HDMI port suffices, the about $55 OWC USB-C Travel Dock is preferable, because it has more and faster USB-A ports, an SDXC card reader, a USB-C port and pass-through charging.