SoftRAID Updated to Version 5.6
SoftRAID has been updated to version 5.6, see the release notes.
MPG recommends SoftRAID over Apple’s Disk Utility for any type of RAID, since Disk Utility has bare bones buggy support for RAID.
Highlights of version 5.6:
- SoftRAID Easy Setup is a new helper application which guides less technical users through the process of creating SoftRAID volumes. SoftRAID Easy Setup automates the process of configuring disks, making recommendations to help users set up their SoftRAID system. All users have to do is decide what the RAID volume will be used for, and how much space to use (with hints from the application) and SoftRAID Easy Setup does the rest.
- SoftRAID 5.6 incorporates a new SMART over USB proprietary driver, which extends SoftRAID’s disk checking and monitoring to most USB and FireWire enclosures. SMART over USB checks disk health for most USB 3/3.1, and many USB 2 and FireWire 400/800 connected drives, and can predict future failure by identifying symptoms that correlate to a disk’s imminent demise.
- SoftRAID 5.6 is now translated to Simplified Chinese. SoftRAID now supports 6 languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Japanese and Simplified Chinese.
- SoftRAID 5.6 fully supports Thunderbolt 3 devices with sustained throughput of over 2.5GB/s on a single Thunderbolt 3 bus. With SoftRAID you can even use 2 ThunderBolt 3 buses at the same time and create a volume which can read and write at over 4 GB/sec.
- Email Notification has been updated to support recent security enhancements in smtp servers. Additionally, SoftRAID 5.6 includes support for almost all third party email servers.
- Quick Start Guides have been updated for both SoftRAID and SoftRAID Lite to include an entire section on using SoftRAID Easy Setup. Quick Start Guides are localized to all six languages supported by SoftRAID: English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish and Chinese.
- SoftRAID 5.6 features improved failover handling in the event of Mirror (RAID 0), RAID 4, RAID 5, and RAID 1+0 disk failure scenarios.
- SoftRAID 5.6 extends disk certification to all 4Kn (4 KB sector) drive