Erwin B writes:
Just a short note to thank you for your excellent Disk Tester.
I had two OWC Mercury Electra 3G 1Tb drives go bad on me in the last two months. DiskTester found the problem in no time.
MPG: DiskTester is part of diglloydTools and offers both performance and reliability testing. The test-reliability command is specifically designed to ferret out drive issues, but the other commands are on the lookout for problems while testing as well.
A few articles about diglloydTools
Aside from testing hard drive or SSD or RAID performance and reliability with DiskTester, data integrity with IntegrityChecker is a must-have workflow tool for anyone with important data:
- What a Bad Hard Drive Fails Like when Running diglloydTools 'fill-volume'
- diglloydTools IntegrityChecker Java Version: Finds Duplicates, Saved me 100GB!
- Reader Question: diglloydTool IntegrityChecker to address “had an experience where a number of my RAW files were silently corrupted”
- Detecting Corruption / Validating Data Integrity Over Time and Across Drives and Backup/Restore
- What an Impaired SSD Looks Like
- How to Safely Transfer Data or Verify Backups
- Example of Verifying Data Integrity.
- Are Your Backup Drives Still Functional? Are Your Files Subtly Damaged?
- How to Automate DiskUtility Verification of Mounted Volumes.
- Selling that Computer? Wipe Out Personal Files First
- Search for diglloydTools articles.