Reader Comment: DiskTester
Erwin B writes:
Just a short note to thank you for your excellent Disk Tester.
I had two OWC Mercury Electra 3G 1Tb drives go bad on me in the last two months. DiskTester found the problem in no time.
MPG: DiskTester is part of diglloydTools and offers both performance and reliability testing. The test-reliability command is specifically designed to ferret out drive issues, but the other commands are on the lookout for problems while testing as well.
Get diglloydTools and consider subscribing to my photographic publications also.
A few articles about diglloydTools
Aside from testing hard drive or SSD or RAID performance and reliability with DiskTester, data integrity with IntegrityChecker is a must-have workflow tool for anyone with important data:
- What a Bad Hard Drive Fails Like when Running diglloydTools 'fill-volume'
- diglloydTools IntegrityChecker Java Version: Finds Duplicates, Saved me 100GB!
- Reader Question: diglloydTool IntegrityChecker to address “had an experience where a number of my RAW files were silently corrupted”
- Detecting Corruption / Validating Data Integrity Over Time and Across Drives and Backup/Restore
- What an Impaired SSD Looks Like
- How to Safely Transfer Data or Verify Backups
- Example of Verifying Data Integrity.
- Are Your Backup Drives Still Functional? Are Your Files Subtly Damaged?
- How to Automate DiskUtility Verification of Mounted Volumes.
- Selling that Computer? Wipe Out Personal Files First
- Search for diglloydTools articles.