B&H Photo has the new Apple MacBook available for pre-order. The prior MacBook models have rebates up to $200 OFF.
MPG benefits when your order anything through B&H, thank you.
My review of the 2015 MacBook is still highly relevant, but there are modest improvements in the April 2016 MacBook “bump”:
- About 15% faster CPU performance (claimed)
- Faster SSD, slightly faster memory, faster graphics.
- 8GB memory standard (disappointing not to have 16GB option).
- Claimed +1 hour longer runtime (41.4 Wh battery which is 10% more watt-hours along with more efficient Skylake CPU.
- DISAPPOINTING: does NOT have Thunderbolt 3 + USB-C port; still has only one (1) USB-C port for all expansion needs.
I liked/like the MacBook for what it is, but I would never confuse it for my laptop of choice, the 2015 MacBook Pro Retina 2.98 GHz 16GB / 1TB / M370X, albeit a model I hope to see supplanted by a Thunderbolt 3 model with an OLED wide gamut display.