diglloydTools Updated to version 2.2.13
diglloydTools has been updated to version 2.2.13. See the diglloydTools release notes page and download page.
Results are now also written to the top level of the volume (provided system security allows it).
- Most commands in DiskTester now write the results to the top level of the volume, in addition to the longstanding practice of writing them to ~/Library/Logs/diglloydTools/. This file will not be written when system security prevents it, but the results will always be written to ~/Library/Logs/diglloydTools/.
- Some commands in DiskTester now emit results files where before those commands wrote only in progress output as the test progressed.
Some of the capabilities in diglloydTools
Aside from testing hard drive or SSD or RAID performance and reliability with DiskTester, data integrity with IntegrityChecker is a must-have workflow tool for anyone with important data:
- Detecting Corruption / Validating Data Integrity Over Time and Across Drives and Backup/Restore
- What an Impaired SSD Looks Like
- How to Safely Transfer Data or Verify Backups
- Example of Verifying Data Integrity.
- Are Your Backup Drives Still Functional? Are Your Files Subtly Damaged?
- How to Automate DiskUtility Verification of Mounted Volumes.
- Selling that Computer? Wipe Out Personal Files First
- Search for diglloydTools articles.