iMac 5K: the Top-Line Config + Save On Memory by Getting the Memory Separately
Get the new iMac 5K at B&H Photo and see the MPG computer gear wishlist.
MPG will be testing the OWC 64GB memory kit for the late 2015 iMac 5K sometime soon (waiting for the full-loaded iMac 5K to arrive).
The high-end iMac 5K configuration is best purchased as the 4 GHz / 8GB / 1TB / M395X config. That’s right—a paltry 8GB memory in order to save money on memory or to go to 64GB memory, which Apple does not even offer. Of course, the needs of many users are served perfectly well at a far lower price for the iMac 5K. See
B&H Photo has many models of the Apple iMac 5K desktop computer in stock. Thanks for buying at B&H through links on this site so we get credit.
For 32GB, Apple charges $564 just to upgrade to 32GB memory, whereas 32GB OWC memory is only $264. Saving about $300 has never been easier. With a lifetime replacement warranty and excellent support, OWC memory is a no-brainer versus the exhorbitant cost of Apple memory. (All MPG Macs have OWC memory in them, bought over years of use, it’s solid stuff).
Or max-out your iMac 5K with a full 64GB memory.
Also on the new iMac 5K:
- Best Choice for Color Gamut and Real Calibration is a Professional Solution
- $150 off the Brand-New Apple iMac 5K
- MPG’s Computer and Storage Wish List at B&H Photo
- The Apple iMac 5K ('Late 2015')
- Apple’s DCI(P3) Color Gamut Improves Upon Longstanding Marginal Gamut, Yet Makes Little Sense in Context for Amateurs or Pros
- New Apple iMac 5K 27" Supports 64GB Memory, OWC Has Kits Available
- New Apple iMacs Available for Pre-Order at B&H Photo + BUYING RECOMMENDATIONS