A new SDD from OWC, the 1TB Mercury Electra™ 6G SSD for only $449.
With 7% over-provisioning, far more than many brands: flash RAM fails over time.
Note that the drive is qualified for RAID. MPG will be testing four of these in the Thunderbay 4 Mini.
- Form Factor 2.5"Capacity
- 960GB useable capacity
Total Flash Memory Components – 1024GB
64GB allocated to real-time data redundancy & error correction
- Flash controller: Silicon Motion SM2246EN Series with 7% Over Provisioning firmware set
- Interface: SATA 6Gb/s, 3Gb/s & 1.5Gb/s supported, SATA 3.0 Compliant
- NAND: Tier 1 Asynchronous NAND Flash
- RAID Support: Qualified for single drive and multiple drive production workstation RAID 0/1/10/0+1 and SPAN usage
- SMART Attributes Standard
- Native Command Queuing: up to 32 commands
- AHCI Compliant: Yes
- Format: Unformatted (Instructions on formatting here)