I love seafood, and so I felt just like a kid at Christmas digging into the big Styrofoam box that just arrived. Let the eating begin starting today, and building to a frenzy tomorrow night!
Cool double-entendre site name, methinks: SeafoodByNet.com
Seafood or prime steaks, salmon, halibut, oysters, chowder, angus beef, scallops, lobster tails, shrimp, crab, clams. YUM!
Update: I’m super picky about my seafood. I was impressed—
- The crab legs (frozen) were as good as I’ve had. Not infrequently, frozen King Crab legs are a little “off” in flavor at the body end (so much so that I’d largely given up on them)— these were perfect flavor from joint to tip. I devoured them.
- The salmon filets were so fresh I could smell almost nothing, indicating VERY fresh fish (fresh fish should have very little odor, odor means bacterial growth). Tip: with all seafood, dry the fish/prawns with paper towels when you get home (unwrap them, dry them, place on paper towels on a plate and cover); minimizing moisture helps keep fish fresh longer).
- The clam chowder— my family had devoured all but a few spoonfuls of the large container, so all I got was a few delicious spoonfuls, which I suppose is for the best given its delicious creamy texture. I’d say it was a big hit. And it was full of nice big chunks of clams, no skimping there.
- The large prawns had great flavor with very firm flesh, top-notch quality. I sauteed them in my proprietary cayenne/pepper/garlic/lemon juice/thyme/oregano/butter/olive oil mixture. Fantastic! I over-indulged, to tell the truth!
- The smoked salmon was perfect— mildly smoked and mildly salty and nicely tender. Way too many types of smoked salmon are too salty or dried out.
- Lobster tails were of the same high quality. Perfect.