↝ OWC / MacSales.com... ↜
↝ diglloyd Deal Finder... ↜
Buy other stuff at Amazon.com...
NewerTech NuGard KX Case for Apple iPhone 4/5
For years I’ve avoided phone cases: the extra weight and bulk were never appealing.
But the NewerTech NuGuard KX case (31.6 grams for iPhone 4s) has won me over for several reasons:
- As an avid cyclist, the risk of dropping my iPhone as I extract it from a cycling jersey pocket was always a bit awkward. The case is much more grippy.
- In general, the case provides a far more secure grip over the slippery iPhone 4S phone by itself.
- The case is shock resistant against dropping (“the NuGuard KX uses state-of-the-art X-Orbing gel technology to absorb and evenly distribute kinetic energy”).
- The generally poor grip of the iPhone along with its call-dropping tendencies from holding it the “wrong” way seems to not be an issue with the case mounted, perhaps because the hand does not make contact with the metal perimeter of the case.
I dropped my iPhone quite a few times with the case installed in order to test the shock protection; the case did a great job of protecting the iPhone, though I managed to “belly flop” it on its back once—still, it was just fine. Obviously, dropping the glass face onto a sharp stone is still a risk (I did not test that scenario!).
Update, July 2013: After using the case for over two months, I am fully persuaded as to its merits: especially when cycling the improved grip is terrific. And dropping the phone is no longer an “oh sh*t” moment: the phone bounces once or twice, and then I pick it up without concern. And the vibrate function has not self-activated that I can remember. All in all, these things add up to a very worthwhile addition.
I opted for the “Darkness” color, but eight other NuGuard KX colors are available.
I’ve missed phone calls because the iPhone 4s vibrate/ring switch is prone to flipping itself to vibrate mode. The NuGuard KX case reduces the chances of that happening.
Unlike common military-impact test grade iPhone® case materials, the NuGuard KX uses state-of-the-art X-Orbing gel technology to absorb and evenly distribute kinetic energy. This revolutionary technology is then engineered into an effective one-piece design that's available in eight attractive color combinations.
The NuGuard KX has been Mil-Spec drop test certified by Quanta Laboratories to MIL-STD-810G U.S. Military Standard for elite protection. Yet, the KX only measures slightly over 1/2" thick (including phone) so it can still easily fit in your pocket.
Its Edge Guard over-molding provides enhanced iPhone screen edge protection without interfering with edge-to-edge touch finger accessibility to ensure hassle-free touch keyboarding and ability to drag and organize app icons from screen to screen.
With its precision cutouts, the NuGuard KX allows for full access to all of the iPhone's ports and buttons. The KX features a unique cross hatch texture design on backside for added grip that won't make it hard to remove from pockets like other texturized cases. And installation and removal of
- Revolutionary X-Orbing gel technology absorbs, evenly distributes kinetic energy
- Quanta Laboratories certified to withstand Shock Test Method of the MIL-STD-810G U.S. Military Standard
- One piece design - hard shell integrated with soft interior core
- Exceptional protection without being bulky
- Fast and simple install takes only seconds
- Easy access to all ports and buttons
- Cross hatch texture design offers secure hand grip, yet easy pocket/purse removal
- Backed by a best-in-class full replacement Lifetime Warranty
- No Risk, No Hassle 30-Day Money Back Guarantee. For more information on OWC return policies, click here.
$849 SAVE $300 = 26.0% Apple 12.9" iPad Pro (Mid 2017, 512GB, Wi-Fi Only, Gold) in Electronics: iPads and Tablets
$3099 SAVE $400 = 11.0% Apple 15.4" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar (Mid 2018, Space Gray) in Computers: Apple Macs
$4147 SAVE $100 = 2.0% Nikon Z 7 Mirrorless with 24-70mm Lens and FTZ Adapter Kit in Cameras: Mirrorless
$699 SAVE $100 = 12.0% $19 FREE ITEMS Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III Mirrorless with 14-42mm EZ in Cameras: Mirrorless
$598 SAVE $400 = 40.0% $19 FREE ITEMS Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Mirrorless with 12-32mm and 45-150mm Le… in Cameras: Mirrorless