Analysis of the new Mac Pro — Oops Nothing Announced
Which Apple product do media professionals need the most? The Mac Pro.
Which product is least important to Apple? The Mac Pro.
Yesterday, Apple pre-announced the new iMac, but it’s not due out for 6-8 weeks, some time in December. It can’t even be ordered yet.
So if a Mac Pro was due, say, in January, wouldn’t it also have been pre-announced? Apple apparently committed to a Mac Pro for 2013, but the lack of any Mac Pro announcement yesterday was conspicuous in its absence.
The silence doesn’t make me hold my breath for a January arrival, which even so would make it 2.5 years since the last real refresh (the no-op June 2012 “update” does not qualify).
Recent Mac Pro related articles.
- Confused About Mac Pro Options? Consult With MPG.
- Apple Mac Pro Non-Upgrade and What Apple COULD Have At Least Done With the Mac Pro and Apple to Professional Users: Screw You
- A Fast and Silent Internal 960GB Clone Volume in my Mac Pro
- Why I NEED 80GB or 96GB Memory in my Mac Pro: Photoshop CS6 Performance.
- Upgrade to 80GB Memory in My Mac Pro
- No New Mac Pro, so Helped a Client with a Top-End Windows PC
- Photoshop CS6— MacBook Pro Retina 2.7 GHz vs MacBook Pro 17" vs Mac Pro
- Apple Mac Pro Westmere 4/6/8/12-Core (Aug 2010).